What room do you recommend in singapore ic?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by man on the move., Feb 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a bunch of long stays coming up in singapore. I am a ra, and looking to understand what are the best recommendations for type of room or specific rooms to request. Not sure on the upgrade policy, but last few stays we have had shophouse club rooms, shop house suites, and executive suites, more like a junior....

Looking for best ideas, on what to book, what to expect, and what to ask for...

Thanks

2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am only a Plat, Plats get upgrade + 1 (subject to availability), Ambassadors get a confirmed +1 category room upgrade, RAs get +2 category upgrade.

Got the upgrade to the Premier room during my last stay, which is more like a junior suite but perfectly good enough for our family of 4. Con is that these rooms are located near the lift, so there were some reports on TOBB on hearing lifts as they move, but for my stay, we didn't hear that.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The lounge is wonderful, so proximity to it would be convenient, other things equal.

4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious if you were ever told by a Singapore / Asia hotel that room occupancy are maximum 3 each.
    I have a 4 years old and a 6 years old and it is tough trying to book a hotel room online when you put in 2 adults and 2 children.

5. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Occasionally yes, i usually pre-empt the situation by looking at the hotel website to see the maximum room capacity prior to booking. Many times, the max capacity per room is 3 (or two if it is a small room in a non-chain hotel), so booking a room of 2 adult or 2 children triggers a 'room type not found' reply.

So i usually book the max number of persons allowable online so that the booking goes through, and email the hotel reservations to let them know i have 2 young children and they can share existing bedding with us, most times the hotel is ok. I think hotel elite status also helps in their consideration ;)

6. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:

The shophouse rooms are pretty close... Seems to be heading in the direction of shophouse suite....

Last time I was confirmed in the shophouse suite only to be down graded to the room we booked at check in time. Not too cool for a royal ambassador while on vacation.... When I am on my own no big deal, with the mrs, not cool. The hotel was good to us, just not hitting my room requirements.

I have about 30 nights of shophouse suites coming up, and I will post my experiences.

I am taking my new traveling speakers as well. Which should be very cool!!

Emotive Pro airmotiva 5s. 40 lbs of stereo gear!

7. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice report but Wow, u seem to spend quite a lot of money on staycations?