What Property In Istanbul?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Pizzaman, Dec 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have a short 2-night trip to IST. Was figuring on the PH for at least one night. Considering a stop at the GH or HR (since it's close to the airport). Any opinions from folks with experience?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless your flight is stupid early I wouldn't stay out by the airport. Actually, even if it is stupid early I probably wouldn't. There's nothing out there and usually minimal traffic super early so you don't save much time. I prefer the location of the GH over the PH for access to transit and being adjacent to Taksim Square which is great unless there are protests happening.

Pizzaman likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks, Seth. I wasn't sure about traffic in the AM. It's a 7am flight so it sounds like I don't need to be concerned with traffic that early. That leaves PH and GH. Maybe I'll just hit both to open up some more real estate between me and @jetsetr .

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a 5 or 5:15a taxi to the airport IMO, depending on status and carrier. When I've done that in the past it has always been a 20-30 minute ride. From the HR it would maybe save you 5-10 minutes of time but not worth being out of the city center for dinner the night before and such IMO.

Pizzaman likes this.
  5. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Open up more real estate." Good luck with that :p

6. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    recently stayed at the IC Istanbul in Taksim and it was decent :eek:

I had meetings on both the Euro and Asian sides of the Bosporus, so the location made sense and the rates were cheap, nice food and views from the Club Lounge

however the underground parking was more than tight, you needed a can-opener to get out of your car once parked in the space :rolleyes:

7. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I like the area around Sultanahmet for exploring, everything is walkable. Taksim is out there and further away from the airport.

We dropped Hyatt and stayed at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet via FHR the last time we were there, really happy we did. It was one of the top 3 hotel stays we've ever had.

It just depends where your meetings are.

jonspencer likes this.