What programs allow me to redeem points on Vueling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by lrluis, Dec 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm planning a trip to Paris and to Pamplona in July. I'm looking to book a direct flight from ORY (Paris) to BIO (Bilbao) so that I can just drive to Pamplona the same day.

I see fairly cheap airfare on Vueling metal. However, I see that Iberia is actually the issuer of the ticket (when booking through Kayak). Even though the airfare is fairly inexpensive, I'd like to see if I can use points or miles. I tried searching Qantas' website but the direct flight doesn't seem to be available as an award. It could also be that no award space is available for that flight.

Are there other programs I should try before I shell out cash? I don't have an Iberia Avios account, but would that would work? The following is the flight number I'm looking at:

Iberia – Flight 5982

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. moznmar

moznmar Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have British Airways Avios, you could transfer them to an existing Iberia Avios. Since you don't already have an Iberia Avios account, you would have to wait 90 days before you could do the transfer. This may still give you enough time before a July flight, but my guess is you probably don't want to wait the 90 days to see if there is still availability.

lrluis and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    (bolding mine) why bother trying to redeem if fairly inexpensive? I think most would on the board would say redeem miles/points when you can get an excellent redemption, rather than so-so.

I noticed you stated you were going in July, which is high season, if your schedule doesn't allow much flexibility, I'd just purchase the fare and be done with it.

BTW, sounds like a great trip, enjoy!

lrluis and moznmar like this.
  4. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, since it's high season, I couldnt risk the seats being sold out at the lower price. I ended up just using my Citi ThankYou points. The flight finally showed up in my search results this morning.

For those wondering, the direct flight was $125.

I think I'll sign up for an Iberia account and will update this thread to close the loop on whether Vueling flights are bookable using Iberia Avios

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points: