What new routes/destinations would you like to see??

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Wandering Aramean, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    What new Blue cities would you like to see? Which ones do you expect might actually happen?

With LGB being reduced to a regional hub I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more dots connected like LGB-SJC or LGB-DEN. Both are stations that exist so it should be sortof easy to make happen.

And I expect we'll see one or two Caribbean stations open up.

If the US/DL slot swap goes through and the DCA slots are transferred then I'd expect DCA-FLL/MCO to each get another frequency and then maybe a couple other cities connected in. Maybe 3x daily ORD-DCA if they can get the gate space at ORD??

2. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see HPN to PIt but perhaps expanding to more cities in the midwest . CVG may be a good city as Delta is downsizing there.

3. amf09
    Original Member

amf09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see more cities out of EWR. I'm not sure that B6 is worth the trek to JFK for.

That said, I'm OK with connecting, but the website needs to work that out better. I tried to price EWR-BOS-LAS for fun to see what options were available, but it said it was INP for my dates. I guess that is a matter for another thread, though.

vikashvjain likes this.
  4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Rumors on another board are that JetBlue will eventually open up out of ISP. I am not sure I see the need--although there is a need for another airline or two beyond US Express and Southwest.

Horse likes this.
  5. dinosims

dinosims Active Member

Status Points:
    It's kinda sad at ISP right now.

I predict at least 2 new Caribbean stations in 2011. Not sure where they'll be (maybe STX or STT?), but B6 execs have said numerous times that those stations are much easier to open up and they can be profitable with only 1 or 2 flights a day. B6 is going to go after the low hanging fruit before they try for routes where entry expenses are high, and competition is fierce.

Horse likes this.
  6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Gate space at ORD??

JetBlue has minimal operations at ORD, they started with a lot more activity and have reduced frequency to JFK. Did they loose any gate space?

ORD DCA would be a successful rout for sure

7. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    MSP would be awesome.

8. amejr999
    Original Member

amejr999 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They've wanted to expand at ORD for a while-- not exactly sure what the holdup is, but they've been working on it. East coast--ORD is definitely a key business route.

9. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ALB would be awsomer.

10. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know JetBlue is expanding at BOS. It seems like its going head to head against DL for largest carrier at BOS. Currently I think DL has more passengers out of BOS (it uses wide bodies and has international flights) but B6 had more flights and are continuing to add more and more. I think this is good for BOS as BOS is the largest US city w/o a hub being operated from it. With the amount of B6 flights, I think we can all say that BOS is no doubt a B6 hub.

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    BOS is definitely a B6 hub.

As for DL having more passengers, I guess that would depend on their Express carrier operations. On mainline B6 has 50% more than DL(http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=BOS&Airport_Name=Boston, MA: Logan International&carrier=FACTS) and continues to grow both domestically and internationally.

12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your right, B6 is the largest airline at BOS in both flights departed and passengers carried (I had not yet seen the latest numbers which now show B6 ahead of DL) I know DL is adding flights to ORF, PIT, RDU, LHR, and CDG in the coming months and B6 is adding flights to EWR, PLS, PDX, and STI so it will be interesting to see how the numbers go in 2011.

13. Another vote here for expansion of service at ORD!

daninstl likes this.
  14. Scott Weinberg
    Original Member

Scott Weinberg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really? Where did you hear this? I wasn't sure if B6 is considering to ISP and it will have more tougher competitions against WN. If there is a possible for JetBlue is planned to come into ISP.

KIXman likes this.
  15. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right now, I can't justify B6 on ORD-LGB for a leisure trip because it's only 1x/day, and I have to stay an extra night and waste a day off to get the return flight. It's a shame that they can't get a second frequency, but that would mean that a 320 was sitting at ORD overnight, as it would be too late for a 3pm departure from LGB to be able to fly anywhere after arriving at ORD.

16. Scott Weinberg
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think B6 should have to gets second daily LGB-ORD and they will have more flexibility the schedules. They should have to bring more connections flight in LGB. Can B6 will have beef up to gets second daily for LGB-ORD.

17. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    They cannot fly an afternoon LGB-ORD with a 320 because then the plane will have to sit for about nine hours. A 5pm LGB departure will arrive at 11pm ORD time, and would not leave until probably 7:30am. They want to keep the 320s up overnight on redeye flights.

What is more realistic is flying CLT-ORD-SLC-LGB-SLC-ORD-CLT with an E190. They could leave CLT at 7am and do five legs, and finish the last leg back to CLT the following morning and rotate it up to JFK. They would need to then do another CLT-ORD-CLT evening loop to balance it off and have 2x/day.

18. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would also like to see more flights from SEA/PDX . It may not make sense to do trans cons but flights to LAX where they can connect to the JFK trans flights may be nice.

19. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Lots of the 320s are not flying overnight. The fleet utilization is high but not that high.
    This is an interesting thought. B6 has moved a number of flights out of LGB to LAX for the long-hauls but they're still trying to use LGB for regional flights. It will be interesting to see long-term if they eventually abandon LGB or draw it down further in favor of LAX.

20. Amazing how things have changed over the last 10 years. B6 used never let a plane sit if they could. Now, the fuel price have cause a polar opposite with that.

I can't image that B6 would give up LGB that easily. It's be a wonderful dot on their map for both an operations stand point and a profit center also. The downside is that the growth oppurtunities are severly limited. Its a shame the E190 isn't counted as a commuter plane (if so, the LBG landscape would change greatly for LBG).

21. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I cannot imagine them giving up LGB wholesale either. They put that airport back on the map in many ways. Still, they've essentially pulled the transcons out of there and moved them to LAX. If they want LGB to be anything more than a regional hub it is going to need to maintain some level of traffic, and 5x daily to LAS isn't the way to do it.

22. Scott Weinberg
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They haven't growth more routes from PHX lately. B6 would likes to starts more nonstop PHX-LGB/LAX/FLL/MCO/TPA and etc. Can B6 will have more opportunity to brings more capacity growth.

23. babyshark31
    Original Member

babyshark31 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see a flight BOS-STT, which would seem likely as that is one of the major Caribbean islands that is left for them to fly to. Other than that, I'd like to see PHL open up, but that's more of a pipe dream for me.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  24. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    PHL might be tough as its the main Int'l hub for US as well as having a huge SW presence.

25. babyshark31
    Original Member

babyshark31 Active Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. I'd love it, but I just don't see it happening