What loyalty program number to use with Emirates

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by haymax, Mar 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I am taking a last minute flight on Emirates on Monday and I am unsure what loyalty program number I should use for my flight. I am United 1k, and I want to maximize my points (and EQM if possible) earned. I believe that I can use my United number, and that I will receive mileage credit (125% because it is a business class ticket), but I will not receive the normal 1k bonus or EQMs. Is this correct? I also see that Continental has a relationship with Emirates through March 25th, so that I could use a Continental number as well. Continental gives 150% on Emirates for business, and I am not sure about EQM. Does anyone know what the best move here, given the two airlines' relationship with Emirates, and also the rules for miles and EQM consolidation post merger?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO no longer give EQMs for EK flights so you're not going to get EQMs either way. The CO and UA accounts will link/combine later this year so if you don't need the miles immediately I'd put them in CO for the 25% more points earned. You can compare the net earnings in the two programs here: http://wwww.wandr.me/Tools/Advanced_Trip_Calculator.aspx

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there any other place to credit EK flights? My dad has a trip coming up to HYD and NAG in November. I supposed he could open an EK account, but is there a better option?