What I've learned about being a frequent flier

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by circi, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...is how incredibly rude people are!

You have the people who obviously don't fly often and that can be excused, but it seems the ones who do have a sense of entitlement and think they are "better" than others. The "Diamond" people are the worst at trying to cut in front of you at TSA, run out of their seat at landing and don't let the rows in front of them out of their seats. Your flight gets delayed/canceled and it's the "elite" members who are ignoring the long line at the gate and go straight to the GA because they are SPECIAL!

As someone who flies every week, I have become more and more disgusted at fellow FF. Yes we have earned the right to hit the short line at TSA and board earlier, but there is no excuse for acting as if you are THE most important person at the airport.

Just a reminder to everyone, please be polite and considerate to your fellow travelers.

2. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well said!

miles and smiles, uggboy and ACMM like this.
  3. Paolo Scuri

Paolo Scuri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right on point!

miles and smiles, uggboy and ACMM like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meow!!!!!

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

6. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't believe you'd call me out on a public forum like this! DYKWIA? Enjoy the leftover smell of my $2 KFC-quality F class meal as I burn carpet onto the jetbridge!

Signed,

The Diamond Elite, pushing aside kettles, gate lice, and "lowly" platinum elites alike in a quest to prove just how much better he is than everyone else :D;)

7. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tend to think people who don't travel often do it because they don't know any better. I'm also glad your experience has been different than mine and agree courtesy should be learned at a young age. It's just been eating at me that the most rude people are the ones with the their elite tag hanging off their laptop case (as if a laptop case would be in danger of being gate checked?)

I fully expected to be flamed for my post, just shows the people on this forum have more class than to act that way!

8. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank goodness I have yet to hear the DYKWIA? but I can't wait until I do, because my response will be "A jack@$$ who thinks they are better than everyone else?

9. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Likewise, I've yet to actually hear DYKWIA. It seems AA elites are a little calmer than DL or UA, I seem to hear a lot of DYKWIA stories out of the DL camp and forums. Perhaps I've also been fortunate to avoid major IRROPS situations, when I'm betting this attitude is at its worst.

10. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm DL since it's the airline with the most flights out of CVG (my home airport) but the time I was moved to a UA flight that was also IRROPS was the worst behavior I've seen yet. I had never flown UA but received 4 meal vouchers while the DYKWIA type got none. I was polite, they were not. The shuttle to the hotel that night was miserable for me, I actually had an elite inform me I should give them to him because I didn't deserve it without having status!

11. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, I starved that night! It was worse for me, until I got to the hotel, and flashed my Ultra Preferred Five Star Platinum hotel loyalty card at the lounge agent. It was actually for another chain, but it blinded the agent long enough for me to grab half of the snacks available :D.

Signed, a terribly malnourished Ultra Preferred Five Star Platinum hotel program member who spends 500 nights in hotels every year

wrxmom and Sunshine7 like this.
  12. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Surely your ultra perferred status was recognized by a four course 5 star meal waiting the moment you set foot in the ultra cushy room waiting as a result of such a highly esteemed person?

Paolo Scuri and TheBOSman like this.
  13. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let's just say, They Knew Who I Was. Thomas Keller cooked it himself :D.

circi likes this.
  14. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bah, you deserve Wolfgang Puck!