What it felt like to fly Concorde

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Nov 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    What it felt like to fly Concorde

iolaire, lapointdm and Newscience like this.
  2. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best part was that you could stand on the armrest and at that moment, besides the astronauts, you were the highest person in the world. Flight attendants were actually use to people doing it.
    The plane was more a rocket than a plane. You can watch the plane hit Mach 2 from your seat Not the most comfortable but fun!
    Also had a private walk though when the Air France plane came to Hawaii. It was open by invitation, I was late, so I got a private tour. The cockpit looked more like the space shuttle rather than a plane. I wish it were still flying.

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

Newscience likes this.
  4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    sigh... wish I could have seen it. Here's hoping for bigger and better to come sometime in the future!

uggboy likes this.
  5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been in a few of them at museums and they are right, not luxurious and comfy. I'm sure the service was amazing but don't think you were getting some big, squishy seat for the ride. I'm not a large person and the aisle is barely wider than me if I remember correctly. I would have loved the chance to experience it in motion though.

iolaire and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, there could be even bigger and better in the future. Fingers crossed.

7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your memories with us, yes, it would have been very nice to experience at least once the Concorde while flying, the service must have been outstanding while reaching Mach 2 speeds. Amazing. It was all about the speed I guess, plus the special touches associated with the aircraft.

8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew one of the last Concorde flights. It was a great experience watching the mach levels go up, but I much prefer the comfort of a good international first class flight even though it is not as quick.

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad you could experience the Concorde, it must have been amazing to travel at such speeds.

marcwint55 likes this.