What is your favorite Luxury hotel in Taipei? [ Plus POLL ]

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

In which hotel in Taipei you would most likely to stay when you could choose?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2011.
  1. The Regent Taipei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Sherwood Taipei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Grand Hyatt Taipei

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    For many it is the Regent Taipei!
    For some the Grand Hyatt Taipei!
    For others it is the Shangri La Far Eastern Plaza!
    How about the new W Taipei?

Could it be the Sherwood Taipei or the Landis?

Where have you stayed and received great // beyond service and liked the offerings eg. club lounges, upgrades, friendly service, location, food and drink plus amenities?

Feel free to share your experiences in Taipei hotels and feel free to add any other hotel you liked!:)

sobore likes this.
  2. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think the Grand Hyatt is so grand any more, but it's walking distance to client for work. I have herd the Shangri La is good.

uggboy likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm also not so impressed by the Grand Hyatt. It's fine but it's really a slightly-upscale big American chain hotel, not real luxury, and not to be confused with a PH. I would rank the Regent below the GH, although it has a good central location.

I like the Landis. It's a smaller, more local property with many suites and personalized service. (It's been fun to impress local colleagues with the cards that they prepare for you before your arrival.) The location is an older and more typical neighborhood that I found interesting but it might not be convenient for everyone; IIRC there was an innocuous red light area several blocks away and I remember a major temple almost next door. The hotel has good bathrooms (at least in small suites) and toiletries. I especially appreciated the system of only allowing cabs that had been vetted to pick up passengers at the hotel and keeping a record of your cab number, time, and destination at the concierge desk for security. (Apparently some people have experienced personal security issues in Taipei taxis.)

I don't know the W yet and IIRC the Sherwood is located away from the center but convenient to the old airport.

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your great insights, seems the Landis is one of the ways to stay when in Taipei! Great infos!:)

5. impsycho

impsycho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just stayed at the Regent Grand Formosa - the exterior isn't great but inside is very nice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Shops are in the hotel and nearby and the MRT is about 2 blocks away.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to Taipei next week and have a choice of a club room at Shangri La and room at the Grand Hyatt (w the possibility to use a certificate for a suite upgrade). I have heard that the Hyatt is undergoing renovation and that there might be some noise.
    Any recent guests at these properties that might provide some advice?

uggboy likes this.
  7. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    The frequent noise I hear at the Grand Hyatt is some idiot running down the hall and once I mentioned it to the Front Desk staff and they kinda looked at each other and I asked a local friend and he said.. Oh.. haunted. niiiiiice. On another note, its location is convenient. I like the Landis for sure! Hyatt isnt really luxury. I think its an image thing and for sure the location is nice.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    Just stayed three nights at the Grand Hyatt and I'm perfectly satisfied.

My room (King Suite, which I got with a Diamond voucher) had dated decor but was nice.
    Amenities and service were excellent. Nice club with very good spread.

I had a look at the spa and the gym (but did not use the facilities) - they also looked nice. The pool had proper lanes for swimmers.

That the property was undergoing renovation could not be noticed if not known in advance.

uggboy likes this.
  9. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Taipei is national capital of taiwan. Its part of the island in a basin between the yangming mountains and the central mountains. There are many travel destination and luxury hotel avilalbe in this city which provides lots of luxury services and facility.

uggboy likes this.
  10. marysmith9990

marysmith9990 Member

Status Points:
    grand hyatt taipei is a bist hotel

11. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow old post being bumped but anyways.

Yes the MO is one of the best ones out there now.

I stayed at the Sheraton Grande TP over Shangrila because of its location to the nearest MRT station (right outside).

Highly recommend the Sheraton if MO is out of your price point though. Fabulous service and very nice employees. Heck, the check in desk lady spoke fluent non-accent English!

12. yes I did not want to start a new post saying Mandarin Oriental now Virtuoso