what is this 757?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Seat1A, Apr 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seat1A
    Original Member

Seat1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    is this a delta.com glitch, or a 757 i haven't been on before?

it's a 22-seat F cabin, which immediately brings to mind a PMNW bird, but row 1 is a full row, and row 6 is missing the AB side. the Y cabin looks like a typical DL 757, with row 19 showing DEF only, overwing exits at 26 and 27, and the cabin running thru row 45, but it's missing 45ABC. the delta.com seatmap and the expertflyer seatmap agree that this is what it looks like. seatguru doesn't have this seatmap, but i'm used to seatguru being wrong..

2. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a Pre-Merger Delta 757 ETOPS primarily used to Hawaii. There are 4 of these in the fleet.

There are no airvents on this plane, overhead monitors on board, wi-fi on board. First Class seats all have legrests that extend from the seat. The A/B side has about 4 more inches of legroom than the C/D side.

3. Seat1A
    Original Member

Seat1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    glad i asked!! switching *out* of 3C now.. (any idea how row 1 looks? i usually avoid it on DL's 757's, but if there's a roomy 1A, i won't pass that up....)

i'm flying it LAX-MSP, but the flight number originates at OGG, so this does sound plausible...

4. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only Row 1 seat I've had on this plane was 1D, which was a bit tight - not as bad as Row 1 on a MD, but still tight. I've had 4A before and it was quite roomy.

MSPeconomist and Italy98 like this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Impressive knowledge.

6. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Those should be ex-ATA birds....

7. Seat1A
    Original Member

Seat1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    i guess it's weird 757 week for me.. i've got this ex-ATA 757 flight coming up on the way home, and my flight on the way out this morning drew N900PC, the wingletted ex-but-never-flown-by-shanghai-airlines plane with the just-different-enough-to-notice interior.

8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the topic of unusual aircraft, are those old Gulf Air 767s still operating in DL's fleet?

9. Ryan Bingham
    Original Member

Ryan Bingham Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes all of them.

10. Ryan Bingham
    Original Member

Ryan Bingham Silver Member

Status Points:
    You didn't need the air vent on 900PC did you?

11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does someone know a tool to see where this bird has been? I think (but can't say for sure) I saw it today at LGA or FLL. While I didn't note it particularly at the time, the PC suffix on the registration number is ringing a bell.

12. Seat1A
    Original Member

Seat1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    actually, no -- they kept the cabin nice and cool. i normally have the air vent going, but the crew seemed to adjust for the fact that it wasn't there. i could feel the cold air flowing in the cabin....

you can put in a registration number at flightaware and see where it's been.. it was at both FLL and LGA on may 11...