What is the "status message" on the personal details page?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by lv2trvl, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lv2trvl
    Original Member

lv2trvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    This seems like such a basic question, but I am unclear about the purpose of the "status message" box on the personal details page. Entering text there doesn't seem to affect what's being displayed when I post a message in the forum, as opposed to the "signature" field which shows up below the post. Is whatever text I enter there only being displayed on the personal details page? And what does "status" mean in this context? My guess is that it's not the status level in various frequent traveler program since many people seem to include that in their signature line, but I don't know.

Gargoyle and JALPak like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you may find your answer in this thread on the Beta Feedback forum. If not, let us know!

kiwi likes this.
  3. lv2trvl
    Original Member

lv2trvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the link, that helped!

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It just seems to be a place to add more info to your profile. If you leave your profile settings so people can see it and comment on it, and when someone clicks your handle or avatar and gets the popup window about you, your status message will appear there.

Mainly it's just a little bit of ornamentation.