what is the most thoughtful (not most expensive) "oops" a hotel has offered?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by estnet, Jun 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently stayed at the Sheraton Grande Bangkok and one of the remotes wasn't working properly - called and when I came back it was fixed.
    Was I surprised the next day to find a note and a "wrench and 3 bolts" in a clear film cover! They were VERY realistic looking but were made of chocolate (and good chocolate at that).
    Of course I expected nothing except for the batteries to be replaced and found the note and esp. the cleverness of the amenity to be way beyond :)

perryplatypus, kellio and uggboy like this.
  2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several years ago at the new (at the time) RC in Charlotte, I commented how much I like the pens. Shortly thereafter, I had a dozen of my own. (These are really nice pens, not the cheap Holiday Inn pens!)

perryplatypus and uggboy like this.
  3. SOLTATIO

SOLTATIO Silver Member

Status Points:
    My little sister once cut her finger while we were having breakfast at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town. The waitress proceeded to produce a medical kit, wrap her finger in bandages table-side, and then offered her dessert for breakfast to "take away the pain." Tip = quadrupled... ;)

perryplatypus and uggboy like this.