What is the difference between Boardingarea and prior2boarding blog sites

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by daninstl, Oct 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the difference between boardingarea and prior2boarding blog sites? They look the same. I assume run by the same folks. Sorry to be naive, just wondering.

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Putting the lipstick on a pig must be the saying these days about re-blogging.

daninstl likes this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I think I can answer this and thanks for the question. Actually no difference at all—both host a number of the best blogs for the road warrior / frequent flyer and provide positive reading and advice from those who are like-minded with their readers.

And they are hosted by the same group—House of Miles—that started both FlyerTalk and Milepoint. P2B (Prior2Boarding) was started with the idea to give some relief to the front page of BoardingArea. While BoardingArea enjoys more than 100,000 visits a day from frequent flyers (the busiest resource in the world for road warriors / frequent flyers) it can at times be too busy for readers with the number of posts offered by its bloggers. While not much different than popular news reader websites like Huffington Post and Yahoo News, by offering and sharing two different websites it gives readers and bloggers a chance to experience a taste of more of the voices out there with blogs for the road warrior. There have been a few thousand blogs started for this audience but many burn out because it is so difficult to manage blogging (research, writing, reader feedback), family, work and a real life. And truthfully many just quit because it is so difficult to build readership with so many blogs and so much competition with social channels such as Twitter, Facebook and the two leading forums such as Milepoint (thank you for being a member) and FlyerTalk. There are about 500-600 of these blogs currently active to some degree but it remains difficult to find the good ones and BA/P2B has made that easy for you. The nice thing about this family of blogs is that they are well mannered, dedicated to sharing their experiences with others and we find them all with independent ideas on what you want to read.

Bottom line, you can see blog posts from each site shared so you can get a feel for the various bloggers. I myself read both front pages and some days i read more links from P2B than I do BA, and other days it is the reverse.

One cool thing you might want to consider is subscribing to this feed:
    http://feeds.feedblitz.com/boarding
    it combines the best of both BA/P2B into one feed and makes it easy to read all the headlines in one place and then you can click and go from there.

So there you go. Both have the same parent, both with the same goal (help bloggers find readers, help road warriors find bloggers), both have a mix of the most popular and best content on the Internet and both compliment your experience here on Milepoint.

iolaire and danielwood like this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Re-blogging is closely associated with content theft these days and it certainly happens elsewhere. A large number of the BA/P2B bloggers have and are experiencing re-blogging of their content without notice or attribution.

BA/P2B itself is a carefully curated aggregator, but infused with the blogger’s personality from their original posts. What is positive about this family of bloggers is that they learn to acknowledge HTs to their fellow bloggers for news that they then extrapolate on.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused:

WTF are you talking about??

ACMM likes this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feed sir - have added it to my RSS reader...

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    BoardingArea, Prior2Boarding,... then there's also First2Board (unaffiliated with the others, I think). Time to start my own blog aggregation venture that I will creatively call First2EatHotNuts :D

Lionell, danielwood and ACMM like this.
  8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey! I like hot nuts! Get an aggregator for that and I will use it ... a constant flow of hot nuts! :D

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't clear enough but...

A lot of content these days are stolen from these blogs without credit to the original author.

10. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    First2Board is indeed not affiliated with BoardingArea and Prior2Boarding.