What is the deal with October 19th??

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TUMD, Jun 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been trying to figure out a flight back from HNL in October with AA miles (either economy or business) and I can find flights to the mainland the evening of Oct 18th but there is nothing from any connecting city to STL. The strange thing is that each city I looked at (LAX, SFO, MSP, CLT, etc.) all have no saver availability on Oct 19th but for the most part every other day in the month is open except that one. Does anyone know what the heck is going on in STL that would cause this one date to have no availability? Just seemed weird. If I was coming back any other day I would have been fine haha

2. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every map for two people seems to look like this haha

Attached Files:

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone in AA Rev. Mgmt. is optimistic that the St. Louis Cardinals will be in the World Series that weekend? ;)

Counsellor and TUMD like this.
  4. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's hope they're prescient!

5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found inventory on AA.com for HNL-PHX on Hawaiian in both sAAver coach and sAAVer first, but it gets into PHX at 10:00PM on October 19th.

Otherwise, there are HA 3 flights available to be booked for travel on October 19, 2014 in sAAver First on HNL-LAS on HA.

Then just fly LAS-STL or PHX-STL on Southwest.

TUMD likes this.
  6. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also HNL-SAN flights on Saturday October 18, 2014 that get into SAN around 11:59PM are showing sAAver availability [also on October 19, 2014].

7. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no problem getting to the mainland from HNL on the 18th. I need to be in STL sometime on the 19th. That is where I am having that problem.

8. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually already have a flight from SEA-STL booked as a precaution. Since I would get into SEA around 10pm I could fly out on the first flight to any of these cities the next day (talked to AA about it) but once I get to this second city there are no flights to STL. They all look like the pics I attached.

Again, if all else fails I will use the SW ticket and companion pass I already booked, but I was just trying to see if I could save SW points and continue my trip in 1st.

9. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A newfound comet is apparently on course to have an exceedingly close call with the planet Mars on October 19 2014, and there is a chance — albeit small — that the comet may even collide with the Red Planet.

The new comet C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring) was discovered Jan. 3 by the Scottish-Australian astronomer Robert H. McNaught, a prolific observer of both comets and asteroids who has 74 comet discoveries to his name.

WilliamQ and TUMD like this.
  10. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good. Thank you. Now that makes sense, I would want to be in St. Louis for that moment also HAHA