What is the best airline for award redemption to Rome or Venice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by angela24c, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi! My husband and I will be taking a cruise from Italy in late Sept or early Oct. I have looked at several airlines but the lowest award flight I can find is 90K miles. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Update(2): We would be leaving from Raleigh (RDU). Lowest award is best as we have an around the world trip planned in 2013 and are hoping to be able to use most miles/points for that. We don't mind flying coach and have many points now, so I don't think we will need to accrue. Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starting where? Do you have any points now or are you planning on accruing all of them between now and then? What cabin do you want to fly in?

A coach award can be much lower than that, depending on where the points are, though the difficulty of accruing the points can also vary.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lowest award level equals best? Or do you care about quality, reliability, availability of award tickets, availability of reserved seats, etc.?