What is LH Biz like?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Dovster, Jun 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    When flying across the pond is it the equivalent of Delta's Biz Elite (or CO's Biz First) or is LH's FC closer to them?

When flying a shorter distance (TLV-FRA) is LH's Biz like El Al's (larger, comfortable, seats) or like AF's or AZ's (the same seats as Economy but with no one in the middle)?

What baggage allowance does Biz give you on both TATL and TLV-FRA routes?

Chimpy and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying LH C on a 747 for the first time next month. However, I have had a few intra-europe flights on Airbus 319/320. Business class on those are basically just regular economy seats with the middle blocked off with a tray table, limiting each row to 2 people per side. What equipment on the TLV-FRA route? If it's a single-aisle Airbus or Boeing, should be the blocked off middle setup. If it's a larger aircraft, should be their angled lie-flat seats.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH biz in my opinion is better than Delta. No experience with CO TATL. LH F is in its own world, a true F experience. Neither Delta or CO have that on TATL's.

LH Biz has almost flat bed seating (160 degree pitch I think). Small IFE screen though is the one thing I would change compared to other C classes. If you can, consider Swiss (LX) C. A bit nicer than LH.

LH operates 744's :D and 340's on the TLV run.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Try to get a seat in the nose. row 1-4.

Fredrik, Chimpy and gobluetwo like this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Since you'll be on a 744 or 340, you'll have the TATL type seating in C. Large, almost lay flat.

Chimpy, TRAVELSIG and Dovster like this.
  6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Checked seatguru and got myself in 3K when i booked it a couple weeks ago :)

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  7. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    that huge closet in the front comes in handy. Plus its nice to get first dibs on the menu.

Chimpy and gobluetwo like this.
  8. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both Delta and CO have angled lie flat or complete lie flat seats and it will depend on what aircraft you are flying. LH C on their widebodies is angled lie flat. I think the the complete lie flat seats are better, particularly for sleeping. The angeled lie flats are OK for day flights.

LH actually flies widebodies between FRA and TLV, so you'll have the same business class seats as the TATL flights.

Check out the LH website for the definitive answer to your question:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/info_and_services/baggage?nodeid=2892236&l=en

gobluetwo likes this.
  9. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bizfirst is 100% flatbed to TLV.Much better than LH in biz except for the fa's.

10. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found CO BizFirst flat beds to be far more comfortable than LH Biz, and the FAs I had on my last 2 lights were really outstanding, just as good as the FAs on LH. The catering was comparable as well (disclaimer: I don't really like much airline food), although the wines on LH were much better.

11. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
  12. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I flew about 10 days ago in LH business class on an A320 from FRA to OSL. It was not impressive, though nothing particularly bad. It was comparable in seat quality to Virgin America coach, which is better than your average domestic US, but no fancy back-of-the seat screens. I slept through the flight so I can't comment on the catering. On the same trip, I flew LH first from FRA back to the US. That was quite good, FA were excellent and the FRA first class terminal is quite nice. In my opinion, it was worth the extra miles to fly first instead of business if only for use of the FRA first class terminal. I do agree with some other commenter's point, though, that the video terminals on the A346 in first were pretty old and small. It didn't bother me much, though, because I don't usually watch movies on flights.

13. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Dovster. I am a frequent customer of LH business longhaul. Here are my thoughts:

The hard product of LH is better than Delta, except for a couple of new plane interiors they have (which I have flown exactly once- and rarely enough that was on VCE/JFK).

The hard product of LH is not as good as the new BizElite CO. I don't know which routes the new BizElite CO flies on- but they seem to have a priority on it for LHR (supposedly) and it is very nice.

The soft product of LH beats hands down both CO and DL. Have you thought about LX by the way? LX longhaul C is excellent- and they use the longhaul planes also to TLV.

Chimpy likes this.
  14. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got off my first LH Biz flight on an A340. Row 4. I thought it would be a good seat because there are only two rows in that cabin, so fewer people. But my god the compartment was HOT. I mean boiling hot to the point that I was uncomfortable for hours. I walked around a bit and the other areas were fine. I don't know if it's just too small a space so it heats up fast, but it was brutal. I have MS and it really set me back for a start of a vacation. Usually I'm cold, so it was an unwelcome surprise that I would be overheated on such a long flight.

The seats were fairly comfy with lots of options for configuration, however, and the crew provided wonderful service (including trying to adjust the temperature several times and checking in on me). The food was mediocre, and the entertainment selection as well. Overall, it was a good option from Canada to Europe because it was low miles for biz class.

I'll try to hold off final judgement until my return flight in a few weeks. Going to do a biz flight to Paris in about an hour on LH, so we'll see how that one goes, too.

Chimpy likes this.
  15. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would say that LH Biz is in the middle of the pack... Hard product is OK, but there are better alternatives in the marked. Crew are always pleasant and service minded, but also small variations in the service level. It's the German spirit i guess - I've never met a grumpy crew-member, but then again - I've never met crew that gave more than the SOP.

A LH Long haul flight in C (especially the first few rows) is a pleasant flight, with a decent seat and service. Just don't expect the crew to go above and beyond like you can experience on other airlines. But then again, you also don't experience grumpy and angry crew that delivers no service at all... Short/Medium haul flights gets you a free middle seat, but no extra seat width and the same seat as in economy. Service and food is OK compared to the other competitors in Europe.

Baggage allowance is 2*32kg for C. *G in C can bring 3*32kg.
    Lastly, In my experience, recognition for *G is non-existent but YMMV

16. tasnam

tasnam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any difference in the A380 quality vs. A340?

I am on it in a week in Business...

17. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Identical product. The A380 has the business upstairs if that is a factor- no differences at all other than that.