What Is Hotel Breakfast Really Worth?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader Pete asked the following in the "Ask Lucky" forum: "As a non-freq, I am often confused by the breakfast rate. It seems like I can't purchase the breakfast buffet at the hotel, only when I book. The breakfast rates are higher and in most cases around 10-20$ per person or more. How would you go about this? When traveling, I think there is a huge value in having a convinent, safe place to eat my breakfast and get ready for the day rather than figuring out where to eat first thing in the morning in a new country. But, are the rates justifiable in your opinion?" The timing of the question is funny, since earlier in the week I wrote about how I'm sort of over hotel breakfast. While a restaurant breakfast every morning sounds great in theory, the reality is that over time the excitement of it wears off. Nowadays I'll often grab an iced coffee and spinach feta wrap from Starbucks, even when I have breakfast included in my rate. The post What Is Hotel Breakfast Really Worth? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...