What is a good gift for a graduating pilot?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pilotgirlfriend, Feb 1, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. pilotgirlfriend

pilotgirlfriend New Member

Status Points:
    Hey there pilots!

My boyfriend is soon finishing his type rating for a big commercial airline and I thought of surprising him with a nice pilot-related gift for his graduation. As a girly girl, my mind went off immediately to fashion items and accessory ideas, but if he's going to be in the air for most of his time, most of them would be irrelevant. The only pilot-ish accessory I could think of was a nice vintage leather bag (type messenger bag) that he could take with him to work - would that be appropriate/would you as pilots enjoy such a graduation/beginning of career gift?

Apart from that, what other gift ideas would you recommend me for a soon-to-be pilot? Any cool/useful gadgets out there that all pilots fancy having? I was really looking into getting him something classy (maybe also personal) that he could bring to work every day, use and enjoy? All ideas are appreciated!! Thanks :)

2. W. D.

W. D. Active Member

Status Points:
    Many pilots prefer a QUALITY headset over that provided by the carrier on the flight deck.