What I learned about points and miles this weekend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by free67spirit, Oct 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bear with me as I do not want to seem ungrateful. I have learned so much about points and miles and traveling this past year. I have been to places I thought I would never go for very little money. But this past weekend points and miles were unable to get me home to the funeral of a very close aunt because of Hurricane Sandy and the subsequent cancellations. I am brokenhearted today and just sad about the loss. I just would like to ask all the readers of milepoint and frequent flyers everywhere to make that call today and tell someone who you have not spoken to in awhile what they mean to you. I was lucky my aunt knew and she would have never wanted me to risk my life to go to her funeral but I wish it had worked out differently. Here's to you Aunt Rosemary, I hope you are enjoying being back with all your loved ones and enjoying the best Bingo game ever.

2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sincere condolences. Someone I know posted on Facebook and went on and on about her concern that with all the rain, when will she be able to walk her dog?! I'm glad I showed the good sense not to respond and tell her what I thought. People have lost lives and property. Here in NJ, the shore is gone and I can't imagine it can be restored by next summer, destroying the livelihoods of those who depend on that. And yes, as you said, transportation for important life moments is next to impossible. Walking the dog? Please!

HaveMilesWillTravel and kyunbit like this.
  3. shobiii

shobiii Active Member

Status Points:
    well said.However, she was in your thoughts and that means a lot..allaround

free67spirit likes this.
  4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    So sorry for your loss, and thank you for your beautiful words. May your memories of Aunt Rosemary bring you comfort.

wrxmom and free67spirit like this.
  5. giocatoredoro

giocatoredoro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about your loss.

6. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know people are very selfish. Thank you! For your kind words. My prayers go out to everyone affected by the storm.