What hybrid SAS 738 could this be?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by David Granström, Sep 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Making a reservation today, I was presented with this seatmap for the leg OSL-ARN. A 737-800 with only A-C seats on rows 1-5 and three exit rows?! Any idea what this is?

seatmap.jpg

OY-JFS likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is blocked middle seats on the left side for "business class" service. The seats are physically there but not assigned to passengers.

3. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could it be one of the "Euro-config" planes? I think they are used mainly on the LHR flights.

4. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2000/news_release_001110d.html

[​IMG]

David Granström likes this.
  5. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is Euro business although I find it odd that the other side doesn't have the same thing.

6. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is the euro business seats:) The seats are wider than the usual seats and there is actual space between A and C seat. The seats is 5 abreast instead of usual 6, and the cabin crew can make it 6 abreast with some small steps. My favorite seats on the 737-600 (if not all has been reconfigured) and on the 737-800 :)

7. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    From what I've read on Flyprat, theres only 3 aircraft left (738's). Don't remember which individuals though. I belive all the 736's have been reconfigured. Don't know if this is the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Must be comfortable with only 150 seats compared to the 186 stowed in the new/reconfigured 738's...

Here's a photo from a 736 Euro config:

[​IMG]

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they put riff-raff, eh, economy passengers in the same rows as business class travelers, just on the right-hand side?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  9. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    Check the illustration above - the three seats on the right hand side are also expanded by this trick, to give 19" separation. The backrests don't get wider, but a bit more of space inbetween.

10. Wow, recall seeing this on the 736 but never on a 738. Thanks for the info! Question remains about the three exit rows, though... :)

11. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't recall flying on a -600 with Euro Config the last few years, so my guess is that they all are reconfigured. The three -800s with Euro Config are the most comfortable in their fleet (in the first few rows), but beware that the seats are generally less comfortable after row 5 (rock hard seat and weird backrest). Also, note that they have a different seat type after row 10 (?) that are really uncomfortable and with a horrible pitch.

12. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    As some other mentioned: There are still three OSL based -800 which are in this configuration

No