What Happens When The Pace Car Misses A Turn?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The Bangalore Marathon and Half Marathon event was held this past Sunday and it did not come close to going without a hitch. It appears that the leaders in the half marathon went off course by over 3 miles due to their pace car missing a turn. Not only that, but drivers along the course got tired of waiting for the roads to open up and crashed through barriers and caused pileups that created huge headaches for the runners. Now, I have missed a turn once or twice during a trail ultra, but I was certainly not leading the race – and it was my fault! I have also been in races where the leaders did not have proper signs at the finish line and went to the wrong finish line (the half instead of the full). But, to have the pace car – the one who is in charge of making way for the runners and showing them the way – misses a turn, that is really bad. In... The post What Happens When The Pace Car Misses A Turn? appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...