What happens to your luggage when you fly? Camera-rigged case reveals all (video)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43702/what-happens-to-luggage-when-fly

Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the carousel in an airport, or what journey your luggage is having after you leave it on the conveyor belt behind the checking-in desk? We certainly have. And, thanks to delta Airlines, we now have some sort of idea.
    The flight operator rigged a suitcase with four externally pointing cameras and sent it on a two-hour trip from Atlanta to New York, giving a view on what it goes through behind the scenes.

Read More:
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43702/what-happens-to-luggage-when-fly

mtlfire and rwoman like this.
  2. effseeoh

effseeoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be *really* nice to do a spoof video of this... I'm sure everyone has some ideas :)

3. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    What surprises me about this video is just how manual the process is. Sure, there are lots of conveyor belts, but there are also a lot of people along the way doing back breaking work. In this era of containerization, automation and computerization, it would seem like there is a better way to do it than is depicted in this video.

4. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    cool video. But I wonder what they were doing in that "TSA Inspection" part.......and obviously they didnt care about all of these electronics being rigged in a bag?

That person had their cupcake thrown out but this doesn't raise any eyebrows?