What happens if a partner posts miles to an old-style MileagePlus number after March 4th?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DAS02135, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    With the OnePass number surviving as OnePass and MileagePlus accounts are merged this weekend, what happens if Chase, Reward Network/iDine, a hotel or rental car partner, etc., submit miles using your old MileagePlus number? Or, for that matter, if you have an existing reservation for after March 4th which uses the MileagePlus rather than United number?

I'm trying to update everything which used my MileagePlus number to use the new Continental-style number, but I know something things are in process now which will post after March 4th, and I also am sure I'll probably forgot to update some partners.

I assume for a period of time, the system will process both. However, I haven't been able to find the answer when I use the search on the United website.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will work just fine for at least several months.

3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm just going with the assumption that Chase credit cards for both airlines will get migrated automatically. Correct?

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would make sense.

5. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wondered the same thing...I have Air China flights booked in April and my legacy UA # is embedded in the reservation...I'm hoping/assuming they have considered this and things will roll properly in terms of status/mileage/upgrades etc. (I'm hoping...not betting on it though...)

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    April should be fine. I'd imagine that anything in Q2 will without question. That said, assuming you have the new card it wouldn't hurt to present it at check-in and have the record updated.