What Happened To My British Airways Account?!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Back in late March, British Airways had a bizarre situation whereby they locked thousands of Executive Club members out of their accounts and took all of their Avios. Apparently they locked all accounts which were using third parties to access their Executive Club accounts. In other words, they locked the accounts of anyone who uses services like AwardWallet to monitor their points balances. The communication on the part of British Airways was abysmal -- they locked accounts, then emailed members, and then took several days before they actually made the Avios balances available again. It sounded like a very limited number of accounts (if any) were hacked, and then they sort of just panicked, as if it were the first time they heard of services like AwardWallet. But apparently that saga isn't over completely... at least for my account. On Saturday I received the following email from British Airways, which I found bizarre: The post What Happened To My British Airways Account?! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...