What gate is the AA/BA/IB "threesome" lounge at MIA near?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYBanker, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did a search but couldn't find it here. Going through Mia today and will check it out.

2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The club is located in the space of the old E AC ( and the two incarnations of Flagship Lounge before that:))

If approaching from landside take the E security entrance and use the (very slow) elevators just before you get to the (now usually roped off) escalators to the old satelite E gates.
    If coming from the airside there is a corridor at D31 which leads to E. Turn left at the end of the corridor (the opposite direction from that indicating the still currently used gates E2-11)
    Be careful not the go too far or you might exit the secured area.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the info. The Mia airport website has conflicting information on the hours, saying 9 to 9 in one spot, and 1 to 9 in the other.

I ended up just going to the D15 AC. I access the club via my Amex card. I asked here if that would work for the three-party lounge, and I was told that it wouldn't.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes the club is open around noon to in the pm (so the 100 pm to 900 pm info seems correct) to faciltate the PM OW depatures.

Access other than the usual OW access criteria is also granted to paid AC members on domestic intineraries (as opposed to those having AC access by say Amex) but only if their flights depart from E.
    In actual fact very few AA domestic flights use E currently ( and It is planned to close E soon).

NYBanker likes this.
  6. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The admirals club @ d30 is really nice. Double the size and plenty of showers. Actually my fav club @ mia. Just watch your connecting gates as the walk and the train can be tiresome...

NYBanker likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Yes, that's usually the one I go to. I was flying out of D4 yesterday, so I went to the small one...which was fine, but a bit cramped.

8. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea, sorry to hear about the experience in d4.. during evening departures that lounge gets really full.. not too many seats too for many flights leaving at once, so u do feel crammed.... i think the other factor is that not too many people know where the club is by d30 as d4 is pretty well advertised on the signs above...

9. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    This not at all true. The club at D30 has been in open in that location for what 6 or 7 years.??
    The club at D15 was the old Diners Club lounge before AA took it over (in 2006??) refurbished the place and made it the "A" club.
    In less than a year it was again closed when the entire concourse A was temporarily closed for construction and the "A" club now called the "one at D15" was mothballed for over two years only just reopening in Sept 2010.
    The D30 remained open during the entire peroid of these goings on.

The D15 club might appear more crowded because its floor plan is less than half the D30 club.

10. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that the ONLY reason to visit the AA/BA/IB premium lounge would be if one needs/wants food. If not, the very-GREEN AAdmirals Club, in my opinion, is a better choice for relaxing/working--especially the rooms/areas at the far end of the club.

11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was the ceiling height and chair configuration that made is seem crowded to me.

12. yousavvy

yousavvy Silver Member

Status Points:
    My biggest complaint of the threesome taking over the E old AC is the loss of the active bar with the runway view... was my favorite place to grab a drink before a flight in MIA, and now it's just another place to grab a space... missing the bar atmosphere of old...

I also used to be able to get them to drive me on the golf carts, and now they said it's not possible with the new threesome.. I still like E, and with the food/open bar it will probably still be my stopping ground.

13. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Likes and dislikes aside its not practical for AA to maintain the E area as an AC since they will be eventually by using ALL "D" gates and the E terminal is due to be demolished/refurbished (at least the satellite) but definitely not to be used by AA I would bet that the OW E club will be closed in favour of individual F lounges (most likely in the currently unused area adjacent to D15) or a worst located elsewhere in the North Terminal.

14. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never been in an Admiral's lounge before and I really want to go! is there any way I can get a 1 day pass w/o spending the $50? I'll be there Jan 1 and am just curious if you guys had any ideas how to do that?

15. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You could buy a domestic 3 class F or international F/J class ticket ;)

AA gives out free one day passes in some of its contests. Others have been known to stand outside and ask people if they will use guest privileges to get them free access, but as you can imagine this is not very popular and is often met with annoyance or anger.

Also you posted in the credit card thread before, which card do you have? The new card has an Admiral's Club membership.

Or perhaps a kind member will offer you a free ride?

Generally speaking, if you want in you need to pay in some way.

16. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    If where flying on Jan I would consider guesting a MP member.
    I have ocasionaly guested pax who I met and/or had a even a brief conversation beforehand.

But I decided sometime ago not to do so for people hanging about the gate after I took one guy in and he breezed around the club in must be in under one minute flat and came back to tell me " the place was no good since it didnt have any food"