what does "type of Gold Service" mean...?

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by Gaucho, Apr 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked a rental using my newly created No. 1 Gold Membership Account... all appears to be well except for this legend I have in my reservation confirmation that has me puzzled....

On top of my confirmation, next to the approximate rental price, I have a legend that says...

Type of Gold Service: Standard Counter

I thought that with Gold Service, you go straight to your Car.... but the above legend has me thinking that I will need to go to the Gold Counter before I get my car.... or...?

If someone could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Alex

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The type depends on the airport.
    Options include:
    1) Gold Service at counter- usually franchises or locations with insecure car storage. There will be a counter that say Gold and you'll go there to pick up a preprinted contract and your keys. Standard, I think. Even places such as CMH, NCE, all of Brazil, much of Europe, are franchises and usually end out with this option and often have other non-standard features too. Sometimes this is even better, as in when NCE and CMH often give big upgrades for free (as in NCE upgrade from Peugeot 207 to MB E-class)
    2) Gold at car. Read your name and stall number on a screen and go to the car which has the contract and keys already waiting, show the contract and your driving license at the gate and go on your way. You can get this information also via a push notification on your phone, if you choose it.
    3) Newest, at locations with Gold Choice. You see your name and stall number as above. if you do not like that car you can choose any other one that is in the Gold Choice lineup. Whatever car you chose you drive to the gate where they print the contract as soon as you give them your license.

Don't forget the push notifications. They work!

I hope that helps.

Gaucho, roadwarrior365 and sobore like this.
  3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gold counter could also be that they need to verify your credit card or license the first time if you're using a new one or the previous one expired.

Gold Canopy is usually what it says for the option where you read your name off the board and go straight to your car.

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    For your first rental with hertz gold you have go to the counter so they can swipe the card on profile and check your license. After that rental all your other rentals will be the traditional gold service.

Gaucho likes this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks..... I got my credentials verified so I guess Im good to go from now on... directly to my car. Thanks.