What does "floor storage during take-off and landing" mean in flight terminology?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Sanjeev George, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sanjeev George

Sanjeev George Member

Status Points:
  2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    With all airlines charging for luggage, space to store carry-ons has reached a premium. There are two places you can use - in the overhead bins or under the seats in front of you. Clearly, bulkhead seats, with only a wall in front of them, have no underseat storage available. Some others might have electric boxes and thus no room for a small pack or purse.

The good news is that if you scored a bulkhead seat, you're probably boarding early so overhead space is probably not a problem!

3. Sanjeev George

Sanjeev George Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help Steven.
    Please tell me a little about online check in...How would it matter whether I check in Online before the flight, or whether I do so at the airport?

4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The quick answer (for me) is... when is the last time I had to stand in line to use my computer? When not checking bags, I print my boarding pass from home and bypass the airline check-in counter. Directly through security and to the gate for my flight.

When checking bags, you may still have to stand in line, but checking in will have been completed. Probably not much time savings there.