What Does A Hotel “Do Not Disturb” Sign Mean?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I'm often asked how I deal with jetlag. Despite rarely spending more than a couple of days in the same timezone, the simple answer is that I don't. No matter where in the world I am, I try to have my day overlap as much as possible with the US east coast business day. That's simply because that's when I'm busiest in terms of email, airline/loyalty program news, etc. When I'm in China, for example, it's not unusual for me to sleep from 10AM until 2PM and then again from 4AM until 7AM, or something like that. As a result, my hours often don't overlap with housekeeping's preferred hours for servicing rooms. And I'm usually fine with that, since I don't need my room refreshed every day (especially when there are bonus points in it for me). Which brings me to the "Do Not Disturb" sign, possibly my most utilized feature of any hotel room. To me the "Do Not Disturb" sign means. Do. Not. Disturb. Please. The post What Does A Hotel “Do Not Disturb” Sign Mean? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...