What Do You Want to Ask Suzanne Rubin, President of AAdvantage?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, May 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    With the just announced chat coming down the pike, I figured we should start a thread on the topic since we did the same when Maya Leibman hosted a chat awhile back.

The chat will take place Tuesday, June 19 at 7 p.m. MDT.

Much has changed since the last chat. Anything you want to bring up?

BA YQ? Partner award booking on AA.com? The new 773 Y seat map? Obviously the bankruptcy is at the forefront but comments on that will likely not be forthcoming.

My personal pet issue with AA has been the weak route map.

zpaul, RichardInSF, sobore and 4 others like this.
  2. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any plan on expanding reciprocal benefits between Admirals Club and Alaska Board Room? Being SEA-based, I would love to be able to use the AS BR, especially when flying AS.

zpaul, rwoman, perryplatypus and 2 others like this.
  3. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can she address the tightening of award availability?

zpaul, rwoman, AnthonyB1609 and 5 others like this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd love it if she would, though I'm not sure publicly acknowledging it on the chat will happen.

zpaul, MX, rwoman and 4 others like this.
  5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is she up for another OWMD? :D

6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, but it would be good to at least ask her, for two reasons I can think of: (1) so she will know the customers'/members' concerns, and (2) to allow those of us individually (and yes, collectively in followup discussions on here) to read between the lines and interpret based on whatever she DOES say.

zpaul, rwoman, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A trifle local, but how about the poor availability of South America-NA awards/upgrades when NA-SA is usually easy?

zpaul, wijomas, rwoman and 2 others like this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I suspect they're aware that some have raised concerns about availability. I'm 100% sure someone will ask this question, I'm not so sure a response is forthcoming though. Three weeks to tell. :)

9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to ask her about the poor availability between Brasil and US, even trying to book 330 days in advance there is no availability in some flights and also if she has a plan to extend the benefits of its frequent flyer like new benefits before, during and after the flight!

10. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most important to me: find out why EXP are not given free Confirmed Flight Change(CFC) like mid to upper tier elites on all other major airlines and if there is plan to remove/reduced the fee. $75 is too much - the avg EXP spends many thousands/year. This issue is somewhat of a deal breaker for me as a newer AA elite. I miss free confirmed flight changes on day of travel dearly and don't like "hoping" for a GA who will bend rules. Business happens and I hate being hit with this thing all the time when I need to make smallish flight changes, but don't want to sit in 30B with no overhead space cause i had to wait instead of my upgrade or exit row.

Agree with others on routes, but don't think much will change until after BK.

Smaller things:
    1) fix mobile app online res management once PNR is edited by a TA/GA at airport. Broken state now is very trying when travel goes sideways.
    2) show upgrade list in mobile app
    3) do flight notifications in mobile app for flt delay, gate change, etc
    4) show admirals club list and ideally partner lounges in the mobile app with eligibility and/or filter for emerald, ruby etc
    5) better credit card offerings - new card is still back of pack

All in all I do love AAdvantage though. It offers very valuable benefits like very consistent domestic upgrades, real SWUs, valuable award mileage, and comp food/drink in coach (this one surprised me on how much of a benefit it is).

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It might be interesting to discuss the EXP matches offered to UA 1Ks and GSs.

12. HouseofV

HouseofV Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bolding. As those are already in place.

Regarding CFC, I'm not EXP but have found it painless to switch same day flights.

13. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although it is kinda selfish of me, I would love to see something for us long-time members (15+ years) that really are only leisure flyers. AAdvantage was started as a loyalty reward program and some of us have remained loyal for a long time without being able to accumulate status. We used to have the hope of Lifetime Gold as long as we flew on some flights and kept using the AAdvantage Credit Cards, but with the change last year, we are now out of luck. Some of us still hate Southwest and really like the aadvantages of the AAdvantage Program, but we know that Status is still a pipe dream.

loudnotes, Philphactor, zpaul and 5 others like this.
  14. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will AA be keeping 3 class transcon and will we finally see true flat in First. Also will AA ever allow upgrades on award tickets?

15. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Can you clarify this?

perryplatypus and jbcarioca like this.
  16. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    The current First Class on AA transcon is big recliner seat. UA has lay flat in its first and is going to a 2 cabin with a flat bed. Is AA going to be updating to either 2 cabin or sticking with 3 and will they offer flat bed in First?

zpaul, perryplatypus and jbcarioca like this.
  17. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I think it was confusing to me since it wasn't clear you were still talking about the transcon service vs domestic F, Flagship suite, etc.

zpaul, perryplatypus and jbcarioca like this.
  18. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for letting me clarify! It will be interesting to see AA response.

19. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why is there no allowance for a stopover at the North American gateway on a South Pacific -> North America award? (It's all because of me, I'm sure :D)

20. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's my question:

The MCE announcement said "AAdvantage Gold® members will also have complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra seats through December 31, 2013.". As a Gold, I'm naturally disappointed at the likelihood of having to pay for these seats starting in 2014. Is there any chance of making the complimentary access permanent? I'd be satisfied even if EXP & PLT have first crack, for example, by not allowing GLDs to select them until check-in.

21. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not alone in this thread, but a good example-- this has nothing to do with what Suzanne Rubin does at AA. Nothing whatsoever. Personally I'd recommend, to get the most out of this chat, people should focus on things that she (and her staff) would actually have first hand knowledge of and/or info they'd have access to. This most definitely excludes AA's future in-flight product and completive moves on new seating, etc. to come. She'll know absolutely nothing about such topics.

22. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Luckily I asked 2 questions: Will AA ever allow upgrades on award tickets?

23. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to know about status, timeline, or plans for additional partner award booking ability online. We have AS, BA, and HA, now, but what about the others, esp. the oneworld partners?
    +1 to upgrade list in the mobile app. I thought we were told this was coming during the OWMD, but it's yet to appear.
    How about ability to apply SWUs online?

jbcarioca, zpaul, carwag25 and 3 others like this.
  24. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will AA ever allow transitting Asia Zone 1 and/or Asia Zone 2 to get to the South Pacific on a miles redemption?

25. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:

I don't think this is selfish at all. This was an amazing Idea, and you inspire me to suggest the following. AA could give a number of EQM miles for every birthday with the program. For example, After 1 year, you'd get 1k EQM, after 2 years you'd get 2K EQM, and so on!

This would be a great way to preserve loyalty and to incetive those "longtime" loyalist to stay and travel more with AA. Some might say, but with 50 years of program you'd be a Platinum member for life! And I would say that's a hell of an incentive, and recognition, with absolute no harm done for other parts, after all no one, and everyone knows this, no one lives forever!!!

In your case dear friend, you'd start this year with 15K EQM, needing only 10K EQM to Gold, and so on! I think this would be an innovation and bring loyalist customers to AA, with minimal impact to cost! If that become true with 118 years old I'd become an Executive Platinum for life, LOL!!! :)

whkento, loudnotes, jbcarioca and 6 others like this.