What do you think of the new Trusted Traveler program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by JSpira, Jul 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    As most everyone here knows by now, the TSA will pilot a trusted traveler program this fall.

While it sounds good on paper, there are - as with every program - pluses and minuses.

Since members of Global Entry and other trusted CBP programs will be eligible, I myself am clearly in favor since I wouldn't have to do very much.

What do you think?

For the sake of reference, here is an article by a colleague of mine about the topic:

Trusted Traveler Pilot Program Announced for American and Delta Flyers
    By Paul Riegler

Read the full story »

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    To the extent that there is really any information I cannot see very much benefit. I have not had my bags checked, nor been delayed by customs at any time in recent memory anywhere in the world. I should be careful, it might happen soon. The only advantage i can imagine is that somehow it would be faster than the minute it typically takes me now, with or without GE.

So, what's the big deal?

JSpira likes this.
  3. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you asking about Global Entry or the new trusted travel program for security checkpoints?

Re GE, it has saved me several hours in the short time I've had it. A few weeks ago in ORD, there was a 40 minute line for passport control. I was out in 2 minutes.