What do you think of the NEW BoardingArea.com & what next for DeltaPoints homepage?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Well you have now had some time to look at the new BoardingArea home page. What do you think? Do you like it? Are there some good things and bad? Are there things that look better on mobile devices now compared to the way they were before under the old classic theme? Do you miss some things or are you happy with the new format? Tell me what you think in the comments below on the blog and vote in the reader poll!

It will soon be time for DeltaPoints to change it’s theme. Before you say: “why? I like DeltaPoints the way it is!” I can tell you I do too. I am not one who likes change especially when DeltaPoints has grown every single month this year i.e. month over month growth. Why do we have to change when it is the content, not the look, that keeps bringing so many readers back and attracting new readers as well? Well it is really simple. Last month 30% of all viewers were on mobile devices. Yes, that means 70% are on desktops. However, the mobile access is growing and growing and will soon be 50-50. Next it will swing the other way. Mobile platforms are the future.

So DeltaPoints needs an adaptive theme for the future of the blog (now almost 3 years old). We have a bunch of choices. One way is an uber simple theme that I picked for the DeltaMileageRun blog. If you have never seen it go look HERE. It does look very much like the old theme of DeltaPoints. It is not perfect and I am still tweaking it as I have time. But it is really simple and works. But there are other choices that are fresh and yet not over the top different.

[​IMG]

Here is a link to one of the themes I really really like and am strongly considering. I will tweak it a bunch too. I do NOT like multi-drop down boxes and do NOT plan to use them. I like click once and one choice as when on a tablet drop-downs can be a real pain (at least to me). Take a look and see if you like it. I am looking at the “light blue” style.

Other bits. I plan to keep the logo and the header as it is my trademark and is me. I don’t plan to have rotating “stuff” up top either. There really is so much that will need to be adjusted to feel right but it will be fun too.

Lastly, with almost 6,000 now subscribing via RSS & E-MAIL and some days ~10,000 views I don’t want the change to be “all about me”. I want you to feel at home here and to like what you see so I want your input. What do you think about all of this? Shout out and let me know! – René

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll.

➲ Barclaycard Arrival+™
    World MasterCard®
    Earn 2x miles
    on All Purchases

[​IMG]

. .

[​IMG]

The post What do you think of the NEW BoardingArea.com & what next for DeltaPoints homepage? appeared first on Delta Points.

The post What do you think of the NEW BoardingArea.com & what next for DeltaPoints homepage? appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...