What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by BuckleandBoots, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    Team Milepoint-

I feel like I've broken all the rules.

It just took 28 minutes on the phone with UA to book a pair of non-stop mid-con tickets using two 09CHFS vouchers that I will take with the Sig-O in a little over a month.

Additionally, the CSR had to book two reservations and link them, but assured me that the CPU's would function normally.

What did I do wrong? What should I be watching out for?

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Linked reservations basically aren't, so I can't see how CPU will work except battlefield, right?

3. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are correct. Agent was wrong with respect to "linking" PNR's (and CPU's).

In this case, the OP will have to go to the airport and hope he / she finds a competent agent who can add the companion on the upgrade standby.

BuckleandBoots likes this.
  4. BuckleandBoots

Status Points:
    Desamo and snod08, you both hit on my exact concern.

I have been reassured by 3 different phone CSR's that there are multiple notes in the record and CPU's should work just like we were on one PNR.

It's a short flight on an RJ so I figured I'd take one for the team and see if this actually works like they keep telling me it should.

Come early October, I'll report back.

snod08 likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CPU process doesn't read notes. It won't work.

Flyer1976 and snod08 like this.
  6. BuckleandBoots

Status Points:
    For the few of you that are interested.

My reservation was wait-listed for a CPU (standard UA procedure) and I appeared on the upgrade list.

The Sig-O did not and when I called UA I was met with the response, "You're on 2 separate PNR's that must have been separated when you checked in, etc."

I was far enough down the upgrade list that it was a moot point.

On the return flight, I cleared right at the start of the CPU window. I called UA, and they upgraded the Sig-O immediately because there was available R-inventory, a note in the reservation, and the CSR on the phone was awesome!

It all worked out for us, but YMMV.

mht_flyer and snod08 like this.