What constitutes United flight?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by pwcmd, Apr 17, 2018.

1. pwcmd

pwcmd Member

Status Points:
    I booked Silver Airways flights on the United Airlines website for MCO-FLL paying with my United Mileage Plus MasterCard. Subsequently I was told that despite the flights being booked on United.com and having UA flight numbers they were not United flights and therefore not covered by the free bag offer of the Chase UA MileagePlus credit card. I am probably the last person to learn this but be warned if you did not know. Had I not believed I would get free bag checking I would have flown another jet airline with more comfortable seats than the Saab 340.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome aboard sorry it’s under such a poor reason.

The buried deep in the fine print it says MP credit card waivers for baggage are not supported. I had to look long and hard and it’s news to me but then I really do try not to fly the little guys.

3. dhart52215

dhart52215 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am 1K on United and was surprised the first time I flew Silver Airways that they also do not honor elite status although it is UA codeshare flight. I did look up your situation and found this statement, not too far down in the communication about the card, that only United and United Express flights qualify for the free bag benefit: codeshare flights do not. Codeshare flights are clearly indicated when you book a reservation on United.com. On the United site, go to the info about the card. Then click on the link at then end of the free bag description. On that page, look at the Terms and Conditions, number 4.