What Constitutes A Hotel Suite?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

This is more intended to be a general topic of conversation than specific to one hotel. The way hotels name rooms never ceases to amaze me. For example, what exactly is a deluxe room? Or a superior room? Or a classic room? Or an executive room? These are all room types which mean different things to different hotels. When a hotel's base room is a superior room, what exactly is it superior to? In theory suites are often a bit more consistent... in theory. You have junior suites and then you have suites. I've asked in the past about what ultimately differentiates a junior suite from a regular suite. My interpretation has always been that a "full" suite has two separate rooms (a living room and a bedroom with a door or some "substantial" partition between them), while a junior suite has some sort of "living quarters" without being completely separated from the bedroom area. The post What Constitutes A Hotel Suite? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...