What club does LH use in SEA?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Punki, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, what club does LH use in SEA? What's it like?

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    British Airways lounge. Nothing spectacular, however better than the alternatives.

3. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting. The last time I flew BA out of Seattle, they (BA) used the Northwest Club. It must have been in 1999. :)

4. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was just in this lounge a could weeks ago. They have a nice little area for first class which is doored from the rest of the lounge. There is no booze in it, but there was steady enough service that I was able to consume about 5-6 glasses of wine in an hour. Don't know what the rest of the lounge is like as I didn't mingle with the riff raff.

5. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds fairly missable. I have a few hours in Seattle on a layover soon before my FRA flight, so I'll probably jump on the light rail into town just to escape the airport. First time in LH F in a couple of years, so looking forward to it.

6. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH departs from the S gates, far from other *A airlines. They use the BA lounge, which, as others have pointed out, is nothing to write home about. It's on the roof of the terminal so it's bright (unlike other SEA lounges which are windowless) but the food selection is quite sad for an international lounge. The bathroom and showers are nice, however. FWIW Delta is building a two story Sky Club nearby which has the potential to be nicer than the BA lounge.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta is rebuilding the old Northwest club I think- which was quite nice actually. BA lounge is OK- serves its purpose. However if ducster has a few hours in Seattle, I would definitely agree going into town is much more interesting.

ducster likes this.
  8. NorFlyer
    Original Member

NorFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If iI remember correct, LH also used the BA-lounge even in the times SK had a "lounge" in a dungeon by the south-gate (say more about the ex-SK-loung than the BA-lounge).

The BA-loung can be crowded around BA-departure-times, at least it was when they had two eveningflights. Good thing is that it is very close to the gates.