What can you get away with stealing from hotels?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Counsellor, Jun 4, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    ldgrmnmc and Dublin_rfk like this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    satman40 and Counsellor like this.
  3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you may be right when talking about the bibles coming from the Gideons, since they are offered free of charge. I'm not even sure they are the property of the hotel itself (or if title did pass from the Gideons, it may have been conditioned on free distribution).

satman40 and Dublin_rfk like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed in hotels that provided paperback copies of the Book of Mormon and encouraged guests to take them, IIRC with some small optional donation but I don't remember the mechanism for that.

5. Dorina

Dorina Member

Status Points:
    I take only small jars with shampoo. They come in handy when traveling...

satman40 and Counsellor like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have taken shampoo, but after a while I had far more than I could use.

Today, I bring my own.

Much of this has to do with how much you travel, I want my luggage light.

mevlannen, Newscience and Counsellor like this.
  7. u068449

u068449 Active Member

Status Points:
    For years, I have collected the toiletries and donated them to homeless shelters. Most usually appreciate this as they can give them to individual guests. They usually will not accept mouthwash as it has alcohol and some guests drink it! Need to keep everyone safe. Just a thought for frequent travelers.

8. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Small bottles of shampoo and conditioner, which I take with me on flying-visits to various coal-mining sites. The end of the workday is almost always marked by a trip to the on-site baths, where shampoo and conditioner do a fine job of removing the coal dust which accumulates on one's person. I enjoy the Fairmont rose-scented shampoo the best of all.

9. Coul1948

Coul1948 New Member

Status Points:
    Hey people, i am against that, nevere do steal sothink while staying in some hotels!

10. xFF

xFF Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everything in the bathroom is part of the deal, except maybe not the tissue box and certainly not the linen. Of the rest, take all the stuff you have room for, particular if it's branded with the property and the property is located somewhere exotic or cool.

If the property is distinctively exotic or cool, make sure you clean out all the branded stuff every night of a multi-night stay so it's all refreshed next morning and you can end up with two or three of everything. Then after you get home you can use the loot to dazzle friends using your guestroom's shower, or even guests in your own shower, yymv.

Be careful with robes, though. The little tag people later swear wasn't there doesn't offer Guidelines for Good Citizens. The tag tells you what it'll cost if it's not there on checkout, and the house has your card number to charge you the tagged price even after you think you made a clean getaway.

11. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Taking stuff just because it's free (you think you won't be charged for it). Man, I hope I never do anything like that.

12. alexsmith84

alexsmith84 New Member

Status Points:
    Why on earth do you even need to take hotel's stuff? This is actually so lame. The greed lol...