What can I do?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by michael21, Mar 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys I just got my new ink bold card for business which has a 50k bonus after I spend $5000. Today I get an offer for the ink classic that gives me 40k after first use. I called chase and they told me I'd have to close the ink bold and then apply for the regular one which I don't want to do.

What can I do?

2. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You already have the Bold, so I would keep that, spend the 5k and get your bonus. If you don't already have the Sapphire Preferred, you will want the Ink Bold anyway due to the significantly better UR redemption and transfer options. If you are lucky, a year from now you will get another offer for the Ink Classic and be able to take advantage of it.

3. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently was solicited for and took advantage of the 40k with first purchase offer for the Ink Classic and am hoping that the terms will allow me to get an Ink Bold and get that bonus in the future as well. I only got the Classic because I already have the Sapphire Preferred and can combine the points. I did a write-up on my blog a few weeks back about the different Chase UR cards, how you can combine points, and what UR features they have if you want to take a look HERE.