What banks pull credit once for multiple apps on the same day?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by lrluis, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a list of the banks or lenders that allow you to apply for two different cards on the same day, but only pulls your credit once? I know from experience, that Citi pulls only once.

What about Chase? Bank of America? Barclays?

I'm thinking about the BofA Hawaiian and VA cards for my next app-o-Rama, but could go for more depending on this list.

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be careful. Some people have reported being pulled more than once by Citi.
    It's a YMMV situation.

lrluis, LETTERBOY and infamousdx like this.
  3. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely YMMV with Citi. My first churn last year, they pulled once for 2 apps in a day. A few months ago.. they pulled 2 for 2 apps in a day.

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    And to answer the rest of your question, while you may find someone who applied twice to another credit card issuer and was pulled once (rare, I believe, but always possible), it would be very unwise to count on it.

5. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just another note of caution, some companies like Cap One actually do a credit pull from ALL THREE, not just from one, keep that in mind.

My last experience:
    Citi, 1 pull for 2 personal apps, 1 pull for 1 Biz, all on the same day, so total of 2 for 3 cards
    Chase will pull each time for each application
    BofA will pull 2 times for 2 applications on the same day
    Barclays will pull each time for each application
    AMEX will pull each time, but I only tried Personal and Business in 1 day, never tried two personal.

As all said above, your experience may be different than mine, but single pull for multi-apps only worked for personal Citi cards for me.

Cheers,

PedroNY

6. flyerfrog

flyerfrog Active Member

Status Points:
    th
    That's very interesting, I though the credit bureaus could only record one pull from any one source on any one given day. Do two pulls on one day from the same bank have the exact same bank name on the credit report?

deant likes this.
  7. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:

I think there is a subtle difference in the various banks / cards. I believe Citi does do a pull for each application BUT the credit bureau consolidates them because they are from the same "source". That is the Personal AA Visa and AA Amex are considered the same "source". The AA Business is a different "source" so it is not combined. For the other banks, each CC is a different "source" so they are not combined by the bureau.

But as others have said, it all depends on the timing.