What are your Thanksgiving Day plans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kellio, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you celebrate Turkey day what are your plans?

At the last minute this year we have decided to have dinner in the neighborhood park. The guest list kept growing and growing and growing;) While I have room for 20+ people to mingle in my house, I certainly can't seat that many. There is a big pool table in the formal dining room:D

catgirl, Sweet Willie and ACMM like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to a wonderful US holiday I have the day essentially off as all my clients take the week off ! :D Ahh great to be Canadian! ;)

catgirl and kellio like this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope you are not implying the sit on the pool table? :confused: ;)

catgirl, Sweet Willie and kellio like this.
  4. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it rains (not in the forecast) the cover will go over the pool table and it will become the buffet table:p

On a serious note, I'll also be spending the day giving thanks for the health of my daughter. In the past month, 2 of her friends (14 and 15 y.o. girls) have been diagnosed with cancer. 1 has some type of heart cancer, we just learned of this yesterday. The other has stage 4 bone and lung cancer. I'm truly the luckiest mom in the world.

Back to fun stuff, I dont' want to depress anyone....we need to smuggle in the wine into the park. It has a no alcohol policy:eek:

catgirl, Gargoyle and ACMM like this.
  5. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be taking of Thursday and Friday only but the begining of the week should be nice and quiet.

catgirl and ACMM like this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    personalized sippy cups? http://www.monogramchick.com/Personalized_Monogrammed_Playtex_Sippy_Cups_s/33.htm ;)
    Nice !
    every 4 years we stay home & celebrate Turkey Day with family & friends. The other 3 years Mrs Sweet Willie & I are selfish & go somewhere alone. Two years ago it was Turkey Day in Turkey (a blast), last year was St Regis Bahia (thank you SPG free night promo) and this year will be Munich, I've been before but Mrs hasn't. Should be fun.

So Kellio, is this going to be a buffet? Who is doing all the cooking for that many people?

catgirl likes this.
  7. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is buffet style and everyone is contributing. As I'm a project manager in real life all 20+ people have been assigned a task - or a dish in this case. All the way down to the table arrangements for the picnic tables:p

The great thing about it is each person is only responsible for 1 dish to cook and 1 dish to wash. :D

Weather is expected to be mostly sunny and around 75 for the high. I think this is going to be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to our just a bit different T- day.

catgirl and Sweet Willie like this.
  8. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're driving to Brooklyn to have a traditional turkey at my sisters house. The best part... I'm in charge of the wine. :cool: I usually bring a white + 2 reds. For more winetalk, there's a thread somewhere on MilePoint about wine. Do a search. :p

SC Flier, catgirl and kellio like this.
  9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanksgiving at my folks' house* along with a few friends and then a red-eye SFO-BOS for my 35th High School Reunion on Saturday

*I do all the prep work at my place on Wednesday while goalie-mom supervises [with glass of wine in hand ;)] and then goalie-dad gets up early to do the cooking and set the table while goalie-mom sleeps in

catgirl and kellio like this.
  10. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Goalie dad wins the prize!

goalie and catgirl like this.
  11. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been looking at the wine threads. I just need to figur out which one of them pours best into a red cup:)

catgirl likes this.
  12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    You got that right but it might be me getting up early and driving over cuz as of now, goalie-dad is sick with a very bad cold :( and I'm not sure if he's gonna be able to shake it or not

13. Sorry now I have not knowledge about this precious day so. no plan and no Idea.