What are your point postings with the "earn triple airline miles"?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, Jul 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for the Triple UA promotion (May 1st - August 31st). Since my second stay I am now receiving 1000+500 UA points into my UA account for every stay . It takes about a week to 10 days to post.

On a regular basis I have to contact GP and ask them to give me the Diamond amenity points. Is that your experience as well or do your 1000 GP D amenity points post automatically?

In same cases I received another 500 GP base points, sometimes just the 1000 GP D amenity...

What is your experience with the GP points postings?

2. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    You get the 50% point bonus because they had to manually adjust your Amenity.

-CLG

3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that a rule? Can I ask for that every time?

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes. Jeff Zidell, VP of Hyatt Gold Passport, came out publicly and said that they had technical issues that couldn't be resolved quickly, but had given the properties the ability to do it correctly at the property level.

He said that if the points didn't post correctly that Hyatt would penalize themselves and give Diamond members a 50% bonus until they could install a fix.

5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, interesting. So you are suggesting I write to Hyatt GP and ask them for the 50% bonus on not posting the Diamond amenity on their own? What is that in offial GP lingo called? penalty points?" Any advise?

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    If it were me, I would call. The GP phone reps have always been polite and efficient when I've had to call.

Thomask likes this.