What are your "Endless Possibilities" free night promo booking experiences?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, Jun 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have some of the above awards (cat 1-4) in my account. As I tried to apply them today to different Hotels that I am interested in, the Hyatt site showed no availability (only the high guaranteed rate Rooms are available + using GP points and Elite rate, etc. Awards expire by July 31st. What are your experiences using the awards? Am I the only one that choose free nights over points? I am posting this from Asia and look for availability mainly in Europe and Asia.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, you must call. I spent hour on the website and couldn't even book a Hyatt Place in any of 30 business parks on a weekend. I called and had many attractive city-center and beachfront options on my choice of weekends. (Note: this was many weeks ago, but calling still seems like the best approach for anything decent.) Good luck.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Calling sounds like the right move here. Hyatt's technology has improved but there are still ample issues with their website. On balance, their phone agents are very helpful.

TAHKUCT and IDGflygirl like this.
  4. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried every day in all of June (e.g. 1-2, 2-3 etc.) for certain Hotels and no availability came up. I will go the call route. Thanks for advise!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will do, thanks!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    In order to use one, the standard room needs to be available. I also had to call to make my booking.