what are those "prizes" in the Delta Snack Boxes supposed to be?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MalcoveMagnesia, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Totally useless trivia question here:

If you redeem your HOOU certificates for one of the two snack boxes Delta makes available on their "EATS menu", in addition to the (presumably) edible items in the box, you'll also find a "prize" of sorts... kind of like what one would expect to see in a Cracker Jack box.

One prize (in the "Flight Delights" box) will be a quarter-hanky sized cloth. The other prize (in the "Travel Treats" box) is a pinky finger sized version of the cloth, and the cardboard it's mounted on says something like "use to clean your electronic devices".

What are these fabric items really supposed to do and do they actually work, or do they get tossed in the trash bag before the end of your flight?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. c172flier

c172flier Member

Status Points:
    I've used them for cleaning my cell phone and tablet screens, sometime my computer screen in a pinch, but I don't expect them to work for long. They get dirty too quickly if you stick on your device as suggested. Plus, I think most people use screen protectors of some sort and I personally feel that they don't work at all on those. Total waste for me.

Gargoyle likes this.