what are FQM and what are we suppose to do with them?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by nazarene2000, Apr 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. nazarene2000

nazarene2000 New Member

Status Points:
    what are FQM and what can we do with them?

daninstl likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flexible Qualifying Miles. Typically on United and sometimes from partners like Chase. You want to gather them. I'm not an expert on UA miles but I think you can only use them to level up to a certain elite level within that system so they do have some limit.

Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    On United, the Presidential Plus card from Chase (no longer available to new accounts) generates 1000 FPQMs per $5000 of spend. These can be used as PQMs up to Platinum status. They generally expire in roughly three years to four years (those earned before 2012 do not). Since the card waives PQD requirements up to Platinum, the FPQMs can be used to fill in a shortfall of PQMs. I needed them for this year's status due to some business changes. I have been told that there is a legacy United card that also generates a limited number of FPQMs.

daninstl, Gargoyle and Newscience like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only legacy UA cards I am aware of are the Platinum and Select cards, which generate 5000 - 10000 EQMs (nothing flexible about them, but they count towards 1K status).

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The old CO Club Card generates FQMs too. Different than the old UA cards in that you do not have to trade in RDMs to get the FQMs; it is just part of what you earn with the card.

daninstl likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't that the card that the post above by 8MiHi referred to?

But good point, there used to be Choices on the UA side that could be traded in as needed for EQMs. No more. I had forgotten about those.

The EQM earning cards I mentioned award the EQMs for UA spend (1/$ up to 5000) and reaching a $35k spend threshold (ancient Platinum card only).

7. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Presidential Plus Card is the old President's Club membership card. We do not have to trade in any RDMs to get or to use FPQMs.

daninstl likes this.