What Airlines Charge Fuel Surcharges Chart?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Extra Pack of Peanuts, Feb 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is an inclusive chart out there that tells what airlines put fuel surcharges and on what flights (metal, partners, etc.) or does everyone just commit it all to memory? I've searched through milepoint and haven't found anything yet.

I've used Dansdeals at this thread and it is pretty good but was wondering if there was anything better floating around there. If not, I'm thinking about making up a simple spreadsheet to show who charges what but I'd need some help from others to fill in some gaps.

Let me know if there is something out there, and if not, I'll be reposting here asking for help on certain airlines.

2. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    you might wanna go ask the guys in one of the Trick It! threads here at MP.

I am no expert but after doing a bit of work in those threads I know it depends on the country/zone and the operating carrier.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.

3. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be interested to see a chart like that. If you find or construct one, please let me know. I would also be willing to help with any information that I know or can locate if you find that you need to create your own.

4. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Status Points:
    autolycus likes this.
  5. SOLTATIO

SOLTATIO Silver Member

Status Points:
    A chart like this would be very useful, but I suspect quit convoluted. From recent experience with Aeroplan (AE), for award tickets in Asia on SQ, NH, TG, OZ I found that fuel surcharges for a similar flight between 2 cities varied between C$50 for SQ, C$130 for OZ, C$210 for TG and a whopping C$415 for NH. I booked me some SQ flights thank you very much.

6. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Status Points:
    I agree this could become pretty convoluted pretty quickly if I tried to add how much the fuel surcharges were because there are just too many variables.

Instead, I just decided to make a post that told which airlines charged fuel surcharges and which didn't. It's not perfect, because of course one could charge $100 and one could charge $400, but at least people can know if they will get hit with one or not. The main goal, for me, is to simply avoid airlines that charge fuel surcharges if at all possible. That takes the guesswork out of it. Thanks United and USAir!