What about a HEADLINES screen like at ESPN.COM?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by THREEA4ME, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just noticed how much I go to ESPN and check out the headlines screen on the right hand side of the page. It gives me all the updates I want. (Along with the scoreboard on the top of the screen). Perhaps something could be done similar here?

It would be cool to just have a "Screen at a Glance" kind of work-up where you can easily see the most latest news, etc.

Maybe have it done in three tabs on the right hand screen. You just click the box you want.

LATEST NEWS/POPULAR THREADS/OFFERS

Each tab would then have a list of the best avaialble in its section.

Could be kinda cool, no?

kellio likes this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    An update like '.... XYZ just made silver status.... New thread was formed in Star Alliance..... '[​IMG]

3. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you click on the forums home page there is the trending topics but it doesn't seem to change much. I like the idea.

4. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    My concern is that this site looks too much like FT and not original enough.

Another thought is to find a way to use algorithms so that your personal tastes can match up with threads you are interested in -- no more wading through hundreds of posts trying to find useful info