What a mixup...

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by emtesenair, Jun 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has made the same mistake I have or any advice. About a month ago I booked the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome for 4 nights but on separate reservations using free night certificates. Today I find out instead of booking August 9th, I mistakenly booked June 9th, not sure how I managed to miss that one!

Today the hotel reached out to me and asked if I had meant to book August 9th instead and has graciously moved the free night certificate to the correct night. At the end of the so far great email was the bad news… they had charged me for June 9th.

I reached out to Hyatt, but the hotel refused to consider reversing the charge for the obviously wrong reservation because the French Open was that weekend... I have the worst luck! I spoke with 2 different Hyatt representatives and was told the decision was with the hotel management.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this charge reversed or been in a similar situation?

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had all kinds of luck for miscancels and no shows, but I wouldn't expect them to budge on a hot weekend as you literally cost them allot of money. lesson learned. Realize they made zero revenue on something that would have sold.

Travelsavant likes this.
  3. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    A hard $1200 lesson learned the hard way. Let's hope when I actually go in August I don't have any cancelled flights.

Travelsavant likes this.
  4. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    OUCH!

Travelsavant and emtesenair like this.
  5. maksim

maksim Silver Member

Status Points:
    So no money out of pocket, just a wasted certificate?

$5 bucks says they sold the room anyway? Hotels oversell, no?

Travelsavant and emtesenair like this.
  6. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch is right. You will have to pay it so no sense fighting over that...you could try calling Hyatt & seeing if you can at least get a stay credit & maybe a F&B for upcoming August visit!

emtesenair likes this.
  7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could they accept the certificate in lieu of the payment? Otherwise as has been mentioned you cost them a lot of money.

If you have a flight issue, just cancel the room - the certificates are refundable I believe, just not after the fact...

8. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get in touch with Hyatt Corporate Consumer Affairs and they received the same response I was given. The hotel isn't going to budge on their position to waive the no-show fee. I was also given some insight that many of the reservations at the hotel are booked with points. Because of this they are very strict regarding their no-show policy with award stays.

While I hoped the outcome would have been different, I have to say I am very pleased with Hyatt Corporate Consumer Affairs service. They were very quick to step in and try to negotiate with the hotel after no one else would and provided me with outstanding service. They have given me 22k points and stay credit for the night, plus the hotel will be providing me a suite upgrade and free breakfast for my stay in August.

Thanks for everyone's insight and suggestions. Also to note, the free-night certificate was given back and the hotel rebooked the free-night certificate for August 9th.

Travelsavant likes this.
  9. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Painful & expensive lesson but at least they gave you a stay credit & upgrades/perks for upcoming stay!

emtesenair likes this.