What’s the Deal With Alaska Airlines Food?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by sobore, Sep 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://thesunbreak.com/2012/09/19/whats-the-deal-with-alaska-airlines-food/

Is it just me, or has airline food service actually gotten worse since we’ve had to start paying for it à la carte? It’s an interesting proposition: “How about you pay us more money, or we let you starve? Ha ha, psych, here’s a pretzel.”

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago, I’m flying back from Hawaii on Alaska Airlines, after spending a whole weekend eating in paradise, and the flight attendant says to me, “What would you like?”
    The couple next to me has just gotten engaged that weekend, so I motion to them to go first. I like to do at least one courteous thing each year–I like to think I’m bringing civility back…just not in a rush.
    They order, and the attendant pivots on her heel and leaves. I track her down in the galley and explain I’d like to order the Teriyaki Chicken. “We don’t have that,” she says. (Fine print: “Flights to Hawaii.”)

Read More: http://thesunbreak.com/2012/09/19/whats-the-deal-with-alaska-airlines-food/

Mike Reed and uggboy like this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    HA - often those bowls are better than what is being served in front of the sheer "curtain."

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought their Hawaii catering was usually above average, primarily because it's smaller batch?

4. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard the cheeseburger is good.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that is limited from HI to mainland, and also, from outer islands (possibly only LIH?)