Westlake, TX (Fort Worth)

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by dhammer53, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked a room at the Marriott in Westlake Texas for a wedding we're attending. This property is a Cat 3 - 15,000 point per night redemption. We're staying for 2 nights. I understand that it's in the middle of no where. Since we're at a wedding, the location doesn't matter.

Any information on this property?

I can use my Starwood points and pay 3000 points per night at a variety of area hotels. Anyone have an opinion on this option.

2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed there a couple times on business. It's in a business park off of TX 114. It's not a bad hotel per-se, but your right, there's not much near there.

I've been out in that area two times this year and have been staying at IMO the much better (and near tons of restaurants) the Hilton Southlake http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/DFWSLHF-Hilton-Dallas-Southlake-Town-Square-Texas/index.do which is located in the Southlake Town Square. Basically a five minute drive from the Hilton to the Marriott on 114.

I'm not sure of the location of starwood properties in that area.

Horse likes this.
  3. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As you said the property is in the middle of nowhere, but I would say its your average Marriott hotel and you will have a decent experience. If you're staying on the weekend the CL will be closed and the hotel doesn't provide Breakfast for Golds or Plats. Another good point is that they don't charge for valet parking. In case you dont have a rental car the hotel provides a shuttle from DFW.

4. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the information. Looks like I'll keep my reservation.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually that property is fabulous for weekends. I'm assuming it is the Marriott Solana -- one of my all-time fave Marriott properties. It hardly resembles a Marriott at all. While near a corporate training center, it was designed by Mexican architect Richardo Legoretta who also designed or influenced the Westin in Cabo. Quite different and the only Marriott I've ever stayed in which does not feel like Marriott.

Quite quiet on the weekends, make sure to get higher floor facing south (3rd loot) for the biggest patio and plenty of sunshine. While remote ... It's only a few minutes away from Southlake Town Square which has some fairly decent shopping and restaurants.

For me, I love the common area architecture and feeling that I'm not in a regular hotel. When visiting American Airlines near DFW, this is always my hotel of choice.

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    The bad news is the limited choice of lodging in the area, the good news is this property (Solana) is fairly top notch.
    Super friendly staff, well run and very clean. Another plus, they have Starbucks coffee on site. :)

Horse likes this.
  7. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy.

FYI, I cashed in 30 of my 50,000 Marriott points from the Marriott credit card sign up bonus. :cool:

SC Flier likes this.