WestJet flying to Glasgow

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by DebraI, Oct 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    WestJet announced this week that they are flying to Glasgow starting next summer. http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deals/offers/glasgow.shtml?sm_cid=sm-bl-20141003?mrd=0

The fares are pretty low, which is exciting to those of us out West. I booked $630 r/t all in from YEG --> GLA and DUB-->YEG in August 2015. It's of course even lower from the East Coast. I don't think I've seen fares this low to Europe (other than Iceland) from Edmonton in the past 5 years. Especially in the summer!

uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get the fact WJA wants to compete and get their feet wet in the International markets but until they can fly direct from more CDN cities this is just more cheap publicity. Someone flying from the west will have a very long day with the connections to Halifax. They didn't dent AC's market to DUB this past summer so this latest move is even more interesting.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    milchap and YULtide like this.
  3. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was a brutal flight and I'll never do it again. You get what you pay for.