WestJet announces first frequent flyer partnership program

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by sobore, Jun 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012...ces-first-frequent-flyer-partnership-program/

On Wednesday, it announced a new agreement with American Airlines that will allow WestJet Rewards members to earn WestJet dollars on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines and its affiliates, American Eagle and AmericanConnection. The agreement provides WestJet Rewards members with the ability to accumulate WestJet dollars faster, especially those guests flying within American’s extensive worldwide network of destinations, said the Calgary company.
    WestJet Rewards members earn WestJet dollars on flights and vacation packages with WestJet and WestJet Vacations. WestJet dollars can then be used like cash and can be used on any date, to any of WestJet’s 76 destinations, with no blackout periods, and can even be applied to seat-sale fares. Members also have the flexibility to use their WestJet dollars to either pay in full, or partially pay for their bookings online or through our WestJet Sales Super Centre, added the company.

Read More: http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012...ces-first-frequent-flyer-partnership-program/

thrashsoundly and Kalboz like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about the other way around ... earning AA miles on WestJet flights?

3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good news.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    This really is the sixty-four thousand dollar question!

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know I'm responding to a comment several weeks old, but I booked a flight on WestJet yesterday for the first time since the announcement, and there is a place to put in your AA frequent flyer number. :)

TRAVELSIG, Kalboz and sobore like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Debra, please do update us when the AA miles post! :) Thanks!

8. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently flew WestJet and earned AA miles (redeemable miles only). They posted within 1-2 days after flying. You can read my review here: http://thesterlingtraveler.com/2013/02/flying-on-westjet/
    Seat pitch was awesome for an all economy-class jet. There are definitely things that could use some improvement: their website , movies weren't on demand, and there's no second beverage service on the route I flew. Overall, it's not bad.

sobore and Kalboz like this.
  9. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great Review. Thanks!

Kalboz likes this.