Westin Tampa Bay Harbour Island

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by marcwint55, Apr 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from two days in Tampa Bay at the Westin Harbour Island. The service was excellent and even though they had three weddings and an engagement party, they gave me an upgrade to a corner suite.

If anyone is going to Tampa Bay, I would highly recommend the hotel.

On Saturday night the entire fifth floor was comped due to an extremely obnoxious guest who thought that celebrating her birthday with two friends meant getting drunk and screaming all night.

The police were finally called to extract them from the room and amazingly she even screamed at the police officers who were extremely kind to not arrest her.

Unfortunately I was on the eleventh floor and did not get comped, but I did get to see some of the antics as she was being removed from the hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    My choice of late has been the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport. Quiet. Friendly staff. and cheap on points redemption.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad place. Old embassy suites and a decent restaurant. EASY to get to, too, and an airport shuttle.

I'm trying the Sheraton Tampa East next week. Looks like it has a nice club.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Mapsmith and marcwint55 like this.
  5. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mike, it's in a really weird location. I'll be really interested to hear what your thoughts are.

Mapsmith and marcwint55 like this.
  6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:

First time there (Sheraton Suites), I arrived after midnight and the shuttle was not running. They told me to get a cab and they would reimburse me. They did and it was an award stay.

Second time, they were refurbishing the elevators, but the room was fine. Even mapwife liked it.

marcwint55 likes this.